“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh” 2 Cor.10:3.(KJV).I know that some Christians don’t believe that there is spiritual warfare; I don’t really understand why they think so and the argument they put forward in inconsistent with the word of God when viewed in a holistic perspective. The book of Revelation states ” And there was war in heaven; Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not, neither was their place found any more in heaven.”Rev.11:7-8. (KJV). You can read more in Ephesians 6:12-18. We shall look at this in future.
There is spiritual warfare, it is not a new trend and it will continue until the Lord returns. Prepare yourself to win at all times. There are some important things I want you to understand as we confront the forces of darkness in our lives’ journey. They are as follows:
1. No person is exempted in the battle. The fact that you are engaged in spiritual warfare does not mean you are a sinner or that one is stupid. All men are involved and the spirit beings too.
2. It can be in any area of life; family, work, academics, church, etc.
3. It is not just physical: It is masterminded in the spiritual realm and carried out in the physical realm, in various ways.
4. The devil’s motive it to undermine God, deceive people and take them away from God to eternal destruction.
5. We don’t engage in this warfare physically. It is not by fighting with hands, eyes, lips, shouting, talking, malice, guns, knives, etc.
6. You are not in it alone. God is on your side.
7. Jesus has won the battle; our part is to contend by faith to possess our possessions.
8. Knowledge is very important in this battle. The devil takes advantage of people’s ignorance in this battle. If you don’t know your right you lose it. Don’t forget the devil is a thief. The word of God is very important so learn to study it to know your right.
9. The devil does not play according to the rules. He knows he lost the battle to Jesus but he doesn’t want to stop troubling people.
10. Prayer is the weapon to win. You must be prayerful. The devil is not a gentleman or lady. He is a hard fighter who does not respect the rules.
11. You must sustain your faith. Be rugged in faith. When the devil resists, insist.
12. Your mind is very important. You must set your mind on the Lord and be very positive. I want to recommend to you a book by Joyce Meyer (The Battlefield of the mind). Visit http://www.klarazstorez.com and get the audio version of the book, it will help you. My ebook “God Gives Songs in The Night”
Spiritual warfare is real, don’t sit on the fence and don’t be a victim.